Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gluten-Free Lemon-Cinnamon Cookies

As many of you know, our little family has embarked on a gluten-free journey.
We're giving a g-free diet a shot this month and hoping it will solve some of our health riddles.
If not... I'm running straight back to the arms of REAL pizza!

Day #2 of no gluten had me craving cookies. Great start, huh?!
I totally feel addicted to wheat. Either that or I just want what I can't have!

Actually I had my family in mind as we were planning on going out to the pumpkin patch this evening.
I knew that apple-cider doughnuts were going to be a HUGE temptation and wanted to take the edge off by offering a healthier alternative!

Now I've never tried a gluten-free cookie so I guess these could be bad and I wouldn't know it!
...but I really really REEEALLY think these are some of the BEST cookies I have ever had in my life.
I took one bite and knew: all other cookies were going to seem second rate after this experience.


1/4 C. Earth Balance (or other non-dairy/gluten-free butter)
3 Tbls. honey
1/2 C. raw organic cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. flaxseed powder with 2 tbls. water
(let sit together for 2 minutes before adding to mixture - this is your "egg.")
*mix until smooth*
1 3/4 C. gluten-free all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. xantham gum
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
*mix & chill for 1 hour*

Roll cookie dough into 1" balls and coat in cinnamon and sugar.
Place on greased cookie sheet and bake @ 325 degrees for 5-7 minutes.

Will give you "not enough!" - I mean... 2 dozen cookies.

They were chewy and soft and perfect and delicious and amazing and unlike any other cookie I have ever had. And let me tell you - I am a cookie connoisseur!

Here's what my boys have to say about what momma cooked up during naptime...



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO