Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Appetizer || gluten free bbq chicken pizza



Welcome to Grand Flavor Station! Where your tastebuds go for the ride of their life...
and I will stop talking now because this sounds like a reeeeally, really stupid commercial.
Possibly Super Bowl Sunday worthy, but I'm not sure.

This is a quick + festive + flavorful appetizer! Or meal - if your conscience tells you that
pizza is a well-rounded, touching all the food groups, dinner! My conscience lies to me too. It's ok.

So yes- I cheat with Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pizza crusts.
They come in the frozen section and it costs about the same to make a g-free crust at home.
I like it when Bob cooks.

And if you aren't gluten-free, NO. WORRIES. A regular, gluten-filled crust will work just fine!
P.S. if you are dairy-free too, LUCKY. YOU. There's so much flavor going on here,
you don't miss the cheese.

Makes TWO small pizzas >>>

FOR THE BBQ //

1 C. ketchup (I use Organic with no funny syrups or weird sugars added - not sure if you care,
but if you use a regular ketchup it might taste different from mine... just saying.)
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. worchestire sauce (soy or tamari adds a nice flavor too)
2-3 tbls. honey (you can play with this to your liking - I give you my blessing)
2 tbls. molasses
A dash of sea salt and garlic powder
SECRET WEAPON: 2-3 tbls. of Frank's Hot Sauce
Never make BBQ sauce without it. I suggest you don't either.

This BBQ sauce will be lighter than what you are probably used to seeing
at the grocery store. And hey, if you want to REALLY cheat - pick up a bottle of
BBQ sauce and don't even worry about this step!!!

Spread sauce on crusts.

FOR THE TOPPINGS //

Red onions, sliced
Yellow peppers, sliced
Spinach, chopped
Mozzarella + Colby Jack cheese, shredded

Grilled chicken:
Pour 2-3 tbls. extra virgin olive oil in medium skillet, medium heat.
Add 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook on both sides until done.
Sea salt, garlic powder, pepper and a dash of red pepper flakes to season.
Remove and let sit until cool. Slice and add to top of pizza.


BAKE //

425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Top with fresh, chopped cilantro and try not say
"BAM!" like Emeril... because I'm pretty sure he copyrighted that exclamation and
we don't need a lawsuit on our hands over some pizza! Can he even do that?!


It's the Merry to the Christmas in your mouth.
Aaaaaand I'm done.







Pin It!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO