Monday, June 30, 2014

Farmland Baby Back Ribs + One Peachy BBQ

"This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media and
Farmland/Smithfield, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #ReadySetRibs (full disclosure)."

_____________________________________________________________________

The World Cup 2014 has taken over this household. In fact, if I don't write quickly, another game will
probably start and I am going to be booted right out of my own living room! Non-stop party central over
here - the sound of my husband and children screaming, "Gooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!!"
forever ringing in my ears. The other night I even DREAMED of soccer - apparently
I was playing in the World Cup and all the men wanted to kiss me! Don't tell my husband.

During the recent USA game, my oldest son yelled from the couch, "Bring me a root beer, mom!"
Is this real life? You did not just say that! I'm really not kidding when I say "non-stop party".
And every non-stop party demands good food, right?! So this momma has been cranking it out of the
kitchen and off the grill to feed my crew of dedicated fans!

I pulled out all the stops with some Farmland Ribs from Wal-Mart over the weekend!!!
And the crowd went wild...


I personally LOVE LOVE - DEEPY LOVE - BBQ ribs. I'm totally the girl who would order them on a
first date and not bat an eye. I eat them with my hands, even in public, and really don't see the need
for "side dishes." Ribs are a STAR in my world. One I frequent often, unashamedly!

We are definitely "conscious" eaters around here, so it makes me happy that Farmland/Smithfield offers
fresh pork that is raised in the good 'ole US of A. Fresh cuts are free from artificial ingredients
and preservatives
and are minimally processed. No added steroids or hormones either. Say what?!
Music to my ears! "Happy" pigs make me happy.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, there's a $1 OFF COUPON for Farmland/Smithfield "All Natural" Baby Back Ribs! Click, clip, and drive very quickly (but safely)
to your local Wal-Mart, y'all!!! *while supplies last*

Ribs aren't your thing? We can't be friends. Just kidding.
But you should know they also offer "all natural" pork tenderloin too!!!


I like to season and pre-bake my ribs before putting them on the grill.
Makes them irresistibly "fall off the bone" tender.

SPICE RUB:

3 tbls. brown sugar
2 tbls. sea salt
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper

Massage those ribs, cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours.
(you will FINISH them on the grill!) Then place pre-baked ribs on hot grill for 30-45 minutes
(or until done). For pork ribs, 145 degrees internal temperature is recommended.

Peachy BBQ sauce, anyone?! SO. GOOD. A subtle sweetness with a dash of spicy -
lather up those ribs in the last 15 minutes of grilling and try not to lick your fingers!!!

PEACHY BBQ SAUCE:

1 C. organic ketchup (or one that is free from all weird sweeteners or preservatives)
1/2 C. peach juice/nectar
1/4 C. brown sugar
3 tbls. Frank's hot sauce
1 tbls. apple cider vinegar
1 tbls. worchestire sauce
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together and let simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
Be generous when brushing on ribs, but save a little for extra dipping at the table!!!

For more BBQ ideas, tips, and tricks, check out the BBQ Pitmasters at ReadySetRibs.com!!!


We paired this goodness with grilled peaches and sparkling peach juice!!!

GRILLED PEACHES:

Wash and halve peaches, leaving skin on. Brush flesh side with melted butter and grill for 5-10
minutes. Sweet, warm amazingness. I was having trouble not eating them right off the grill! Great
served with ribs or with a scoop of ice-cream for dessert!!!

SPARKLING PEACH JUICE:

1/2 C. peach juice/nectar
1/2 C. sparkling water
squeeze of fresh lime
one scoop of frozen strawberries

Perfect for children, pregnant ladies, and those who prefer "virgin" drinks.
If I wasn't pregnant, there would have been RUM!



Real time photo: This is exactly what I'm talking about. Someone, from some country, scored a goal
and the table was INSTANTLY abandoned. Non-stop party.

At this moment, over half my family was either...

A.) yelling "GOAL!"
B.) throwing themselves on the floor
C.) running around the house without a shirt on


Farmland/Smithfield Ribs -
bring summer, parties, get-togethers, grill-offs,
and even the #worldcup2014 to LIFE!!!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO