Monday, September 17, 2012

Celebrating Judah's Life



When I was growing up, time moved sooooo slllllloooowly.
Christmas took FOREVER to come around, it felt like I was NEVER going to get my driver's license,
I could NOT wait to graduate high school, and I just knew I was going to have grey hair before I finished FOUR years of college!

Getting married and having babies changed everything.

There are not ENOUGH hours in the day now.
I find myself begging God for more time with my children every night.
Why isn't there a happy medium?!

So this past Saturday we celebrated baby Judah's 1st birthday!
ONE YEAR.
Can't believe he was just a tiny, helpless, little thing 12 months ago.
Now he's a BEAST and can hold his own!
I guess he was a beast when he was born too. 10lbs.
Man, I love this child.

Here are lots of pictures of our day!
So blessed to celebrate with family and friends!!!

"LION" was the theme.
Just a few "lion-ish" details and lots of bright colors and shapes for my wide-eyed baby!
Had so much fun planning and partying!

pumpkin pancakes for my pumpkin



games



"pin the tail on the lion"
black sheet board from wal-mart = $2.98
white ink pen from wal-mart = $3.99
colored it in with oil pastels and made tails out of orange cardstock!

"lion hunt"
google images - "lion"
printed, cut, and pasted to orange cardstock
hid these guys around the house for the little guys to find!





decorations




I LOVE tissue paper pom poms. Made a bunch to hang in the dining room!
Learn how to make them here. Cheap + easy + cute = DONE!

food



Did a "Mac & Cheese" bar!
Kid friendly with a little flare to please the adults too!
Judah LOVES macaroni and cheese.
Made it from scratch like The Pioneer Woman taught me too! SO YUM.
Check out the recipe! When fresh mozzarella, fontina, and cheddar get together, something magical happens.

toppings included:
homemade chili
steamed broccoli with sea salt
pico de gallo
caramelized red onions

zebra cupcakes... because lions EAT zebras, right?!







Made Billie's Italian Cream Cake!
Good choice. I still have some in the freezer.
When the kids nap, they whisper my name. Seriously.
And I go to them. I don't want to, but I do.








We ended the day with motorcycle rides! Even momma got to ride!


... Dr. Seuss wrote a book about us. I think it is called "Hop on Pop" ??? Haha!


Here are my very tired party boys. They both slept for 12 hours straight.
Hmmmm... maybe we should have birthday parties more often!

p.s. the kid LOVES hats.
I don't know if you noticed, but he got FIVE hats for his birthday this year.
FIVE different head dresses for my little king of beasts... Jubee!!!





































Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO