Thursday, February 14, 2013

500 Letters

 photo 6408841c-5d19-4b38-b2f3-a6be3ccbc3dc_zps8ade63f0.jpg ______________________________________

My Guy, Happy Valentine's Day!

It's weird to think that maybe someday I will get a Valentine that's not from my dad or grandparents!
Someday I will have my very own, handy dandy Valentine... all for myself!


... signed "with all my heart" on February 14th, 2003. I was 16 years old.
______________________________________

I penned over 500 letters to my "future spouse" between the ages of 14 and 22.
500 letters. 1000+ pages. Lots of ink.
A series straight from my heart.

It became a bestseller on my wedding night when I presented my husband with this gift.

Hopes. Dreams. Lessons I learned along the way. Desires. Daydreams.
Ideas of what I was looking for. Regrets. Tears. Prayers. Love. Truth.

He got it all. The man of the letters.

______________________________________

I wonder what you look like, how you act, if you are funny, a leader, merciful...?
I can't wait to meet you. Maybe soon. Spring is almost here.
It is trying to come in, but keeps getting attacked by a sudden snow fall!
I hope you are well. I'm praying for you. I hope you are praying for me.
May God bless and protect you.


... signed "i love you" on April 3rd, 2002
______________________________________

When I first met Nathan I didn't know.
I had no idea that he would be the one to receive all my letters.
We would be friends for almost 6 years before we'd say, "I do."

God knew. I know that God saw my willingness to trust in HIM -
my determined eagerness to be faithful to the man I would someday marry -
and He gave me all the desires of my heart...

"Delight yourself in the Lord,
and He will give you all the desires of your heart."
-Psalm 37:4

 photo a7e165b1-498d-4cc2-8ac3-2321941dcede_zpse84c4bc8.jpg  photo 0cc85081-ab2f-4139-b01c-c53a497eda67_zpsecd36dbe.jpg

I am thankful to KNOW the "man of the letters" as my "husband" today.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

You'll have to go check out Jen's work on Cartas de Amor over at Made By Girl
for more on LETTERS OF LOVE! It'll resonate with the romantic in you!

 photo 471d69e3-26cf-4e5d-903e-84681a4c91df_zpsffd243cf.jpg
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. This is sooo special & so beautiful. I bet Nathan had a big smile when you showed him all your notes. Amazing.
    Glad to see you put your faith in God that he would give you the desires of your heart. Inspirational!
    Happy vday!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Jen!!! nathan has been so touched by these letters - we've been married for almost 4 years now and he still reads and re-reads them <3 God is FAITHFUL! XO

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. I have letters that I have been writing to my future husband since 8th grade. :)

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey! That's amazing!!! Glad to know a fellow "future husband" writer!!

      Delete
  3. that's so sweet! I love how long your wrote to him, too. So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mom encouraged me to do it. i thought she was CRAAAAAZY! i can see now... how big of a GIFT it has been to both Nathan & ME!!! glad you stopped by!! XO

      Delete
  4. Holy smokes this is incredibly beautiful! Something I will challenge my future daughter(s) to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME, Brittany!!! These letters were KEY to helping me TRUST God with this area of my life! ... and they have only been a blessing to my husband!!! I hope your future daughters will take you up on the challenge! I know they won't regret it. <3

      Delete
  5. Love love love this idea, how amazing for you both (and your someday children) to have those letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, Emily! thanks for stopping by! it is pretty amazing <3 i'm sure our kids will think i was CRAZY for writing all those letters! XO

      Delete
  6. That is so beautiful, I wanted to cry.
    I just can't wait to find the one I'm meant to be with.
    I know in my heart though, that I'm not ready right now, and when I am God will be there.
    I love that you wrote letters to him, before you knew who he was.
    That is so inspiring, I think I might just do that.
    Lately I've been getting really antsy about when I'm gonna meet my guy...
    so mushy lol
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jordan! I'm so glad you are here :) I'll pray that God will give you peace as you wait! Never forget that God is faithful and His timing is perfect!!! Writing letters may help your heart rest :) Xo

      Delete
  7. This is the SWEETEST thing ever! I love everything about this and how dedicated you were to honoring The Lord and your future husband in this! Amazing.. :)
    New follower!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Thanks for your sweet comment :-) Have a blessed week!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO