Saturday, February 2, 2013

I want "AWFULS!"

"Awfuls"... would be WAFFLES according to my 16 month old.

Yea he's still learning English.

Because these are FAR from awful! Say hello to WONDERFUL.


I'll admit it. I like something sweet for breakfast. Oatmeal? No thanks.
Give me a waffle with some strawberries and I'll dance circles around you all day!
Nothing says weekend to me like a homemade breakfast. Yum.

I've been tweaking waffle/pancake recipes for over a year now.
I say that like I'm a professional or something!
But this is what I've come up with...

Jubee's "Awfuls"

1 3/4 C. rice flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 C. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 C. oil (canola, coconut, etc.)
2 eggs
2 tbls. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
**Add enough water or coconut milk for a smooth, pourable batter**
P.S. Did I mention that you can use the exact same batter for waffles or pancakes?!
(I add less water/milk for waffle batter and more for pancake batter)

::: Commercial Break :::

You can make these egg free as well, but it won't work for waffles.
Just add 2 tsp. of flaxseed meal to 1/4 C. hot water and let sit for 5 minutes.
Add this in place of 2 eggs, but NOTE that they will not stick as well, but will taste just fine!

::: ::: ::: ::: ::: :::


That's it. Whip it up and get that batter on a hot skillet or waffle iron!

I make a double batch and freeze the extras for quick breakfasts during the week.
Pop 'em in the toaster?! Easy money. Happy Kids.












Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO