Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pushing Pause

With my world spinning faster than ever before,I find myself pawing for the pause button.
Just a few more moments of being hand-in-hand with my baby, singing songs before
bedtime, or laughing our hearts out as the day goes by... please?



I don't want to blink and miss the first time my child pets a wild turtle or
experiences the magic of the merry-go-round. I don't want to find myself wishing
to rewind so that I can do it all over again and be a master mother of the present moment.

You Know It's True by Jules Larson on Grooveshark

More often than ever before, I find myself putting things on hold - turning off
my phone - unplugging - disconnecting - so that I can tune-in and enjoy the connection
a parent is privileged to share with their child.

These days are too precious to sacrifice to the god of social media.

Capturing a moment for Instagram or tweeting about the latest riot act in my family
means nothing if all I do is document the event for the online journal of world history.
Pushing pause and reveling in the scene, the words, the exchange, the smiles is what it is all about.
So what - Facebook remembers my special day? If my heart and mind forget - then I have lost.

So I'll take it with balance. I can feel a tug on my heart when it is time to turn my
face from the world for the day. The Lily Field has an online presence here on the internet,
but so much more is taking place behind the scenes, in the field of our home and family.
My husband and children are my best gifts this side of Heaven.
I cannot breathe in enough of their goodness!

Hoping to always share glimpses of our story with you without forgetting
to pause and print the sweet chapters on my heart.

When's the last time you pushed pause
and lived like a kid again?








Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. yes...I couldn't agree more. I think I need to purposefully unplug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a rewarding experience for me!!! hoping you can enjoy some unplugged time too!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I were just discussing this the other night. Less social media time, more family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't think any of us would regret losing a few hours on social media for family time!!! family is pretty awesome!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO