Monday, January 27, 2014

PALEO || Turkey Sausage + Eggs Benedict-ish



Gluten-free, dairy free, sugar free, MSG free, antibiotic free, no added hormores -
you will drop a pretty penny, or a good 1,000 of them, at your local health food store
to pick up a pound of sausage with that label.

The good news is, you can make your own darn-spankin' good sausage at home for half the
cost! Have your meat and eat it too. That's what I'm talking about!

This recipe is P A L E O. I know, soooo hipster. Pull this out of your freezer and let your
non-health-nut friends swoon. Let them take a bite, and they'll be back for breakfast
every day there after. You have been warned.



It's really not revolutionary or anything.

TURKEY SAUSAGE

1 lb. free range, happy, ground turkey
(I have also used lamb and pork with great success)

2-3 tbls. shallot / minced
3 cloves of garlic / minced
2-3 tsp. of gray sea salt
1 tbls. rosemary
1 tbls. oregano
(We also enjoy scallions, celery, thyme, sage... the possibilities are endless!
I mean don't go pouring in Cheerios or anything, but a squeeze of lemon might be nice.)

Mix all together, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before shaping into balls.
Using a scoop, form sausage into balls and place in tupperware for later use or freezing.

Yield // 14-16 sausages

I make a big batch of these every 2 weeks and put in my freezer to pull out as desired.
Just use a skillet with a slick of olive oil over medium heat to cook these babies through.
Scroll down for a fan-cy breakfast idea that uses this sausage!!!




Eggs Benedict-ish

This sausage is great in place of the bread that is traditionally LOVED with eggs benedict.
I also am currently crushing on leeks. Like, hardcore. Roasted?! Mmmmmm... yea.

Stack it up:

Roasted asparagus // toss in EVOO + sea salt - 400 degrees for 10 minutes

Leek sauce // toss 2 leeks + 2 cloves of garlic in EVOO + sea salt - 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Let cool - then puree in blender with 1/4-1/2 C. EVOO until smooth. It's good, people.

Turkey sausage patty (cooked)

Egg (I prefer mine scrambled)




Cavemen have never had it so good!!!





Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That looks great. I was hoping you would post the sausage recipe!!!!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, Rosie!!! Hope you guys like it!!! It's really not very time consuming to prepare and SOOOO worth it! Especially if you make it in large batches and freeze for future use :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this looks SO good! Definitely trying it.

    P.S. I prefer my eggs scrambled, too ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea!!! Keep me posted. Scrambled eggs FOREVER. Lol.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO