Friday, January 24, 2014

Things You Didn't Say When We Were Dating


Nathan: "MOVE the chastity pillow, already!"

It's true. I sleep with a body pillow even when I'm not pregnant. It's my necessary +1
when it comes to being unconscious. It DID all begin with pregnancy, this need to be
comforted, held, cradled to sleep, and I never quite broke the habit. Now it's just me,
Nathan, and the "chastity pillow" (Nathan named it that. Not me... obviously!) every night.
Marriage is a big commitment, guys. Make sure you know what you are getting in to!


Nathan: "Come here, I want to cuddle with you!"
Me:
Nathan: "Brittany GraceAnn!"
Me: In my best pathetic voice, "can I bring my body pillow?!"

Nathan: "You know what I'm going to do with you tonight after the kids go to bed?"
Me: "Um what?!"
Nathan: "A puzzle!"
Bet ya didn't see that one coming. Me neither!

Nathan: "All we talk about is health, kids, and bowel movements anymore."

Me: "It would be so fun to see the light show at the arboretum!"
Nathan: "Yea, it would... if we didn't have kids."
Me: "WHAT?!"
Nathan: "They will FREEZE!"
Me: "You would have taken me when we were dating."
Nathan: "Yea, NO KIDS, and you'd be forced to cuddle with me to stay warm.
It would have been to my advantage to take you." #thingschange

Me: "I want to go on a warm, exotic vacation!"
Nathan: "Yea! You can do it... there's this place called the SHOWER.
A FREE, warm, exotic, no-kids-allowed vacation!"
Me:

Me: "I bought you all-natural chapstick. Without petroleum in it."
Nathan: "The first ingredient is - ANNUS - I think I'd rather wipe petroleum on my lips."
Me: "I'm saving your life here, buddy."
My poor husband. I don't think he realized how big of a hippy he was actually marrying.

Nathan:
"I love you. Your food gives me gas."
All in one breath, folks. There is STILL such a thing as TMI in marriage!
Me: "I love you... too?"

Nathan: "You are so pretty."
Me: "You're blind."
Nathan: "You're an idiot."
That, my friends, is lovers' banter.

Me: "I want to go away some time this year. Just you and me. Nothing fancy."
Nathan: "Ok, babe."
Me: No, you better woo me and take me away or I'm going to RUN AWAY!"
It has come to this.

Me: Is there anything fun you want to do tonight?
Nathan: I'd love to just sit down and talk with you for a few hours!
Me: *bites bottom lip, shakes head "no"* (I know, what's wrong with me?!)
Don't get me wrong, I love to talk with my husband... in fact I freak out
if too much time goes by without REALLY talking... but sometimes I just want to
do that puzzle! HA!




e n j o y // the weekend!!! XO





Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! These posts, including the "children-isms" crack me up so much! I have an idea...you should write a post titled "Advice for the Engaged Couples" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! You guys are too cute. Tell Nathan that when he's ready to woo you and take you away for the weekend, I'll watch the boys :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! I especially love his definition of an exotic vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying. The Chastity pillow.....ha ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO