Thursday, May 22, 2014

Halfway to Baby


20 weeks. You're lucky this pregnancy is FLYING by and that I've not even thought about
posting a weekly "bumpdate"! Third babies. I swore up and down that I would not be THAT parent.
The one who is "too busy" to take the time to document all the details along the way...

I think I've written in this baby's journal twice, maybe? Not any less loved though!
In fact, I'd say there's more love than ever as there are more anxious siblings awaiting
the grand "pop out" event of the year.

The other day we were in Wal-Mart and there was a Hispanic baby
in the cart in front of us at the check-out...

Isaiah: "Mom, he's so cute!"
Judah: "Yea!!! Momma, you're baby popped out!"
Me: "Oh. That's not OUR baby, guys."
Isaiah: "Well, can we pet him anyway?"

We are so excited to be "outnumbered" as parents!!! It's gonna be a good time, y'all!

This pregnancy has been a walk in the park *knock on wood*. I had no morning sickness.
Say what?! Yea. My doc thinks it could be due to the paleo diet I stick to 90% of the time.
Prehistoric man knew what was up. Now, if labor and delivery could be a walk in the park!!!

I've felt drastic movement that I just cannot believe Nathan has not been able to feel from
the outside. I can't wait to see the kids' faces when they feel the baby kick for the first time!

I've craved the usual: cake, pizza, doughnuts, pasta... but have been really good with sticking
to dipping my apples in peanut butter, devouring HALF a bag, as opposed to a WHOLE bag, of sriracha
potato chips in one sitting, and eating way too may bacon wrapped dates for my own good.
Cinnamon is wow. I put it on everything reasonable. The most embarrassing thing I've eaten:
cottage cheese with French dressing. I'm trusting we are close enough that I can tell you that.

If this baby is a BOY, which it most likely is, we are going to name him "John Paul Francis" -
like every other Catholic family this year. It's not that we have no creativity mind you.
I mean I am tossing around "Bella Francis" for a girl! Nathan has been vetoing that hardcore,
but what's he going to do when they bring ME the paperwork in the hospital and I just
happen to ask him to run to the cafeteria and bring me back a snack?! I would never do that.


Growing life is beautifully exhausting. I've been in awe every pregnancy with just how awesome it is
that God let's us as women participate in the creation of a tiny, new soul. Mind blown.

Very honestly, it makes me anxious - leaving me feeling more vulnerable than ever before.
It's one thing to be responsible for your OWN body. But when another life is on board
the U.S.S. Momma... man, I find myself praying that the 40 weeks pass quickly, safely,
quietly. I would just feel better if my baby was in my arms. But even then...

How small we are as parents. We do what we can - falling on our knees - becoming our child's
biggest advocate out of the tremendous, inescapable, all-consuming love we feel -
leaving the rest up to God.

The God who loves our child, our children, more than we do as their mother, father - parents.

Just a vessel. 20 more weeks.























Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, it goes by so fast! I'm due 5 weeks from today and it seems like yesterday that we found out we were expecting. I think even more so after your first. I had time to putter around before the first came but I'm so busy caring for a toddler, I blink and days have gone by! :)

    Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Just a vessel" you say! And Mary was "just" a God-bearer. No big deal I mean like..whatevs. :)

    See you soon, baby bearer!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyyy for 20 weeks. :) you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO