Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holy Pumpkin Bread Batman

Look no more, my friend. You have arrived.

This is the BEST plant-based/gluten-free pumpkin bread you are ever going to eat.


I made this for Christmas morning. Such a treat. Like a doughnut - in a loaf. I tell no lies.

My husband, who doesn't even like "fruit" breads, devoured half the pan. That's saying something.

Point proven. Grab your Kitchen Aid and get mixing.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


2 tbls. flaxseed meal
1/4 C. warm water
**mix together and set aside for at least 5 minutes**

3/4 C. all purpose g-free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 C. brown rice flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. xantham gum
3/4 C. organic pumpkin puree - NO additives. I roasted my own to save a buck or two.
1/4 C. raw cane sugar
1/4 C. clover honey
2 tbls. fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tsp. orange zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 C. canola or melted coconut oil

Mix dry ingredients first.
Slowly add in wet ingredients - adding the flaxseed/water mixture last (this is your egg).

Bake at 350 degrees in a greased 8X4 bread pan for 45-50 minutes.
Or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Remove from oven and try to control yourself.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO