Thursday, January 3, 2013

your new BFF: creamy kale soup

When I first thought of all these vegetables combined, the first word that came to mind was "yuck."
... oooooh my dear taste pallet, you were SO wrong.

This recipe is so GOOD that it is actually making a WEEKLY appearance in our house.
That's commitment. What can I say? We're in love.


This is involved, but worth it. I'm betting this will make a green veggie lover out of haters!

Creamy Kale Soup


5 medium leeks
4 medium zucchini
4 C. kale
2. tsp. garlic puree
*enough extra virgin olive oil to get this all coated*


I CHOP and throw all of this into my wok and saute for a good 10 minutes.
Then add 2 C. veggie or chicken stock (I made my own with organic chicken... because it tastes soooooo good!)




Throw in a handful of chopped basil - cover and let simmer on low for 30 minutes.

This is where it gets involved... REMOVE 2 C. of the veggies with broth and puree in blender until creamy. Just add that right back to the other veggies when done PLUS another 1-2 C. of veggie/chicken stock.


LOVE that color!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
add 4 scrambled eggs to go vegetarian

add 8oz. quinoa (prepared) to go vegan

add 2 C. cooked/chopped chicken to go paleo
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Decisions decisions. The good news: you can't go wrong.


I did half and half with this batch - chicken and quinoa. Taking a whole foods route?!
These beautiful, little organic chicken thighs were on sale... I could not resist!!!! SO MUCH FLAVOR.

Cover and return to simmering on low for another 30 minutes.

My kids seriously DEVOUR this every time I make it. DEVOUR. Then ask for MORE.
*swoon* my love for them grows when they eat their veg!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO