Monday, February 18, 2013

Olive Bar Pasta

A friend sent me a yummy looking recipe that I was able to tweak into something BEAUTIFUL
for my little family full of allergies!

This is PERFECT for no-meat Mondays... or Lenten Fridays...
or really whenever you feel like it!

I think Nathan said, "This is one of the best meals I have ever eaten in my life."
Something like that. Followed by, "You are the best chef I've ever met!"

I'm not sure he's met many chefs... but I blushed!

I have a serious weakness for the olive bar. Don't judge.
It is not uncommon for me to have to re-route myself through the
grocery store to avoid this delicious temptation.

Look at this! Can you blame me?

 photo 4f301102-6593-4290-8667-d8a57e4e9986_zps25de0d32.jpg

Olive Bar Pasta

prepare: rice spaghetti noodles
(I used 12 oz.)(wheat would work just as well!)

saute: 1 red bell pepper, 1 medium red onion, 2 tbls. of minced garlic,
and a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil until "softer"

then throw in: all chopped - roasted red peppers, marinated olives,
bocchini mozzarella (we did a little - omit if dairy free),
1/2 C. tomato/basil sauce (I used Trader Joe's brand),
1 C. finely chopped baby kale or spinach, 1 tsp. dried basil, sea salt to taste

add: combine the heavenly vegetable mixture to your noodles.

watch: angels descend from heaven to join you for dinner.

thank: ME for this out of body experience you are going to have.
And my sweet friend over at Tamara's Camera who inspired this dish!

 photo 318f0ff7-3304-40bf-b2b8-c621c41833f3_zps197ceccc.jpg

That's roasted brussels sprouts & carrots in the background + some fresh tomato on the side.

 photo fdaa02be-b6a6-4966-9f63-71c667005c27_zps5fdbe15c.jpg

I told you angels would show up for dinner!











Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. So, so awesome that you're committed to HEALTH for your family!

    I'm not personally a fan of olives, but this looks so delicious that I might have to rethink that stance, and try it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this just may make an olive lover out of you, Katie! to this day i don't like canned olives - but something fresh or marinated... you have to hide them from me!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. i always just buy them fresh from the deli/olive bar - and they are typically marinating in some olive oil or vinegar... i'm a sucker for KALAMATA!!! mmmmm...!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO