Tuesday, September 29, 2015

ARBONNE || it's a long story

I began my health + wellness journey (it's all the rage) about four years ago.
It was shortly after the birth of my first son and I was suddenly "very sensitive"
to the world around me. My husband began affectionately referring to me as the
"girl in the bubble" around this time as I began to avoid all of my triggers.

It wasn't just food. It was household cleaning products, hygiene products, the clothes
I was wearing (latex), the candles I was lighting in my house, the cigarettes my neighbor
was lighting 20+ feet from the building, etc. My initial reaction was to actually purchase
a giant bubble to live in. When your world is spinning out of control, and you're trying to
figure out how to make a cake with kale flour and scrubbing your toilet with the same vinegar
you make pickles with, you get desperate.

I started with nutrition, but in the past year or so I've been focusing more on household
and beauty products. I was reluctant to give up my tried and true beauty products. And honestly
I couldn't, and still can't, afford to just wipe the slate and start over again.

But when my sister, Nellie, started working with ARBONNE... she lured me in. Like she's a
good saleswoman or something! She's so passionate and dedicated to this company, and I'm
proud of her. I realized it could totally work and be affordable if I just paced myself and
bought replacements for my drugstore brands full of chemicals, preservative, dyes,
fragrances, etc. as they ran out.

And the truth is, I will never go back.
The difference was that obvious.


My eyes are no longer red and puffy.
My skin is softer than ever.
I am getting safe + quality coverage.


Some of my favorite beauty products (left to right) so far are:

CALM Gentle Daily Moisturizer
Make-up Primer (more here)
Charcoal Eye Liner
It's a Long Story Mascara
Dusty Rose Blush

My newest addition being "It's a Long Story Mascara"!!! Waterproof. Lengthening. Strengthening.
It goes on smoothly and comes off easy - not tearing out my eyelashes like some other product I
was "so in love with" before. I never need to reapply and it doesn't leave any "dust" on my
face. Even after corralling babies all day. It basically transforms me into a movie star.
____________________________

ARBONNE's ingredient policy reads...

"Transparency and honesty. They are the hallmarks of our product integrity. At Arbonne we are continuously improving and evaluating our ingredient policy so we can develop the most thoughtfully designed, innovative, safest products. And we’re always striving to do better. Each and every single day.

We formulate without...

talc | tallow | carbon black | animal products or by-products | parabens | formaldehyde-donating preservatives | phthalates | formaldehyde | alkylphenols | benzene | monoethanolamine | triclosan | synthetic dyes | hydroquinone | artificial sweeteners | artificial flavors | cholesterol | trans fats | mineral oil"






Nellie is giving away one It's a Long Story Mascara to one of my readers this week!
Head on over to my INSTAGRAM account to enter to win <<<

Or if you'd like to join the Arbonne conversation,
catch my sister at Nellie.Simoneau@gmail.com
or leave your e-mail in the comments below.







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some comment love! I enjoy hearing what you have to say... and others do too! XO